So much happens here in a week's time, it's possible to miss some of the happenings and news.
To make it easier, each Monday "The Week That Was" will be posted to give an update on what transpired.
All stories from ScarletReport.com can be accessed under the "Latest News" tab on the home page.
- The Rutgers community mourned the passing this week of legendary coach Frank Burns. Burns, who died Saturday at the age of 84, is the winningest coach in school history.
- Burns led Rutgers to its storied undefeated season in 1976 and also took the Scarlet Knights to their first bowl game, the 1978 Garden State Bowl. Rutgers would not return to a bowl game until the 2005 season under Greg Schiano.
- St. Peter's Prep (Jersey City, N.J.) receiver Charlie Callinan named Rutgers and Boston College as his co-leaders as he continues to try for a decision before the start of his senior season.
- Wilde Lake High (Fort Meade, Md.) offensive lineman Moise Larose continues to list himself as a soft verbal commit to Rutgers.
- Palmetto (Fla.) defensive back Cory Crawford did not earn a Rutgers offer at camp, but holds 11 total. He lists Western Michigan as his top choice, but said Rutgers could jump to the top of his list with an offer.
- Ridgewood (N.J.) kicker YoungHoe Koo is starting to garner attention from Rutgers and a series of other schools around after the camp circuit.
- St. John Vianney (Holdel, N.J.) receiver Ishmael Hyman impressed at Georgia's camp this week and left as one of FOXSportsNEXT's top overall performers. He did not earn an offer yet, but expects to hear more from the Bulldogs this week.
- Cedar Creek (N.J.) athlete Damon Mitchell verbally committed to Georgia Tech as a quarterback.
- The Jersey Shore Basketball League tipped off last month weeks ago and runs through July. The league features the majority of the Rutgers basketball team, along with former star Jonathan Mitchell. Unlike last season, Rutgers players are split to two players per team instead of stacked together.
- Lee College (Baytown, Texas) JuCo transfer Vincent Garrett arrived last week and is enrolled for the final summer session. He is expected to join the JSBL and play alongside Wally Judge and Myles Mack with the Gutter Cleaners tomorrow night.